Sunday, November 26, 2006

Some days bad things happen to good appliances...

In case yo' momma never told you this DON'T PUT PANTS IN THE MICROWAVE!!! pants + microwave = FIRE!!!

I actually knew this little gem of information...unfortunately my refrigerator was in the wrong place {under said microwave} at the wrong time. Here are some common sense rules that I now realize some people might benefit from:

- If your pants get wet - try a clothes dryer, hair dryer or towel.
- "Metal in the microwave" includes zippers & rivets.
- Synthetic fabrics can quickly & easily catch on fire. Parachute pant material seems to be especially flammable.

Thank heavens Ashley {not the culprit} was there & knew how to work the fire extinguisher. Um - that was Ashley's microwave, though. Looks like we're each down an appliance. I put the fire damage photos in a new flikr album - to see the carnage click here.

I was just about to bring it home, too.
remember the moral of the story:
never, ever put pants in your microwave...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously-Em-did you do this?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

NO...it was a photographer who was meeting a client at the PDP Lounge for a photo shoot. She put the pants in the microwave then went back to take pictures & left it all unattended.

She hadn't heard the don't microwave your pants theory.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Kandice said...

WOW... that's scary... and slightly entertaining.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg - how STUPID could she be? (makes for a great blog entry, though) hope you're getting a new fridge out of this, Em!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Wow! Those pictures are priceless!

Just for the record...I actually did not know how to use the fire extinguisher but luckily knew where it was. The poor girl getting her picture taken did however...and now I know...just pull the pin!

I'm still in disbelief...the whole place almost went up in flames. And every pre-digital picture I own is right there in my scrapbook room at the office...Thank goodness it just a microwave and refrigerator. It could have been so much worse! :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger kateolynch said...

Oh my gosh. . .all this craziness. . .wish I had been there!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EmilyAdamsOnFire.com

EmilyAdam'sRefrigeratorOnFire.OOPS

micro
wave
goodbye

Are Hot Pants back in fashion?

Jim Soxx

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't put little ketsup packages in the microwave either. DD tried that once--and set the darn thing on fire--sparks were flying everywhere!

Allison

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oopSS!!!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I saw the Fridge last weekend, didn't see the microwave. Guess Ashley got rid of that quick! I can't believe that she (the photographer) did that! But I was happy to see the fridge there, becaus I had a Dr. Pepper in there! (lol)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the stringed instrument musician could have done it.....

Lyre, lyre
Pants on fire


Jim Soxx

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home