Monday, December 04, 2006

Live from Cincinnati...

No one warned me that it would be pretty here...as Janice drove me in from the airport in Kentucky, we rounded a corner and - BAM - there was Cincinnati, reflecting off the Ohio river just like this. I was a little taken aback. I didn't expect anything bad, I just surprised - it was downright glowing & pretty.

Um, it is cold. Not unbearably, but the mornings are pretty brisk {in the teens with light snow flurries this morning - no accumulation}. We're doing a lot of planning for the next year - what we want to do as a company and how we want to further shape our image in the industry.

Janice & I go down to Lexington, Kentucky tomorrow for a rep training session & to visit a store. We'll probably be out & about all day. It will be nice to see some of the country up here.

I'm staying with Laura this week. Her apartment is cooler than my house. And she's a rock star. We were listening to a great cd in the car & when I asked who it was, she said, oh - that's me and Chad {her boyfriend}, from back in the days when we were performing & recording. Oh my goodness - I am in the presence of greatness...she is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! {go to their my space page & hear some of their recordings - I love "I would"}

Since I last blogged, I bought & read Running With Scissors on the way from Dallas to Manchester. Not my cup of tea. Probably well written & thought provoking, but so distractingly bizarre it was hard to read. To keep me going between Manchester & Cincinnati I bought & started Son of a Witch - excellent, so far. I loved reading Wicked & plan to finally see the musical next summer when it comes with the Dallas Summer Musicals.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize this was your first trip to cincy! We loved it there! If you are out and driving around, we lived near kings island (their 6 flags).

So you have to at least try the chili..LOL. It isn't texas chili. Typically it is served over noodles with cheese and onions and beans. It is a sweet type of meat sauce. Personally I could never get used to the flavor on the noodles, but man do I miss a great chili dog from Gold Star :)

Have a great visit!

kim

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go see Wicked as soon as you can!!!! It is one of the BEST shows!!!!!!!!! I just hope it comes back to San Fran again so I can see it again!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home