Friday, April 20, 2007

Long day, happy ending...

I never eat when I teach. I kick off the morning with an obscenely strong coffee but no food. Maybe I'm nervous or maybe I'm just afraid of the possible consequences of teaching with an upset stomach (I can't even get into the potential horror - use your imagination).

But I've never taught all day. 9 am-Starbucks "Turbo Charger"- no breakfast - class 10-12. No lunch class 1-2. Drive to other store 2-3. Tim Horton's Extra Large English Toffee Coffee. Set up & teach 3-6. Shop (delirious) 6-8. Finally dinner around 8:30/9. Wow - I feel so much better now. Debby came with me (heck, she took me) to teach & even took the class at the Zone which was absolutely fab. Then we shopped 'til I almost dropped and we visited the whole time it was great. We were lucky enough to spy Tracy in the lobby & shanghaied her into having dinner with us. I love Tracy White. Every time I spend time with her I am overwhelmed by what a neat, caring, funny person she is. My camera batteries were low, so the screen wasn't on, but I took this picture of Tracy at dinner...

So another CKU down...what a rush. I met so many great students & saw so many old friends...it's always a little sad to be heading home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm with ya on the no eating thing... only I have a story about darting out of the room at a client's board meeting (while I was presenting) to be sick. Ever since then, no food at least two hours before!

It was great to get to hang out with you, albeit briefly, at CKU. Hope you come crop with us on the 4th or 5th (or both!)

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had such a good time! I'm still laughing over the elevator with Tracy, your great picture of me (not!), shopping, good talks, and all. You are SPECIAL!! I'll get those pictures up soon!
Yes, I am home...I'll call you...

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey emily! i need your address... will you e-mail me at apolver@msn.com :) I'd appreciate it! :)- Angie #2

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home