Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Taking one for the team...

I am the bee killer in our household. I know - it's probably wrong to kill a living thing, but when there's an attack on my personal air space I take care of business. Most importantly, Matt is allergic to bees. Go to the hospital allergic. And his epi-pen has expired (on my to do list for today). So I have to take care of my man.

SO...there I was in my kitchen on my birthday and from no where I had the sharpest pain in my side (much higher than my waist). I reach up under my shirt to feel where it was and I pull a bee out of me. Ow! So I put Matt on alert to stay out of the kitchen until I make sure everything's clear. I think everything's fine until I look straight down and there's a bee walking out from on my bra onto my shirt through where it was buttoned together. It's like a nightmare. My cousins were here and Amy tried to kill it (it's very hard to kill a bee on your own or someone else's cleavage without serious potential complications). She did end up knocking it off me without another sting and stomped it into its afterlife. So we're all screaming and Matt yells "My God, where are they coming from?" and the best I can answer is "my breasts, apparently". Which broke the tension...we never figured out how they got in, but there were no others that we have found yet. I am feeling very protective of my parts - there are some places I never want to be stung!

7 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

ROTFL!!!!!! I shouldn't laugh but Emily...more like Queen Bee instead of B.K. Hope you get all those creatures out of the house - for Matt's sake! Good luck! MargieH in Chicago

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of all kinds of things you could tell the lady in the bra department at Neiman Marcus! :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!! Oh my....images in my head.....I know it wasn't funny at the time.......boy, I needed this laugh!!! See ya Saturday!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

OH Emily,
the tears are still coming. You have just made my day.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonjour!

hope you're well.
I loved your course on CKU & I'm sad it can't goes on.

Prolix
{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, I know this post is old, but I was laughing so hard I was crying. I will be in one of your classes at CKU Anaheim, and we can swap bee stories. We had a swarm land on our 10x13 patio, and I wouldn't leave the house until they were gone... you can read about it here: http://www.craftcafeonline.com/creativesun/2007/05/did_you_know_th.html

looking forward to your class... you rock! :)

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a bee story too. January 2006, 11 pm - I went into my underwear drawer to get a new pair. I didn't look at them, I just put them on and then....owwwwww....yes, a bee bit me on the rear! I know it sounds funny but it was so far from funny. I asked my husband, when I was screaming in pain, is there a bee bite on my rear? He said it was red. When it bit me, I put my hand, unexpectedly, in my underwear and threw whatever it was out of there! It landed on the rug and I stepped on it. It was a bee. Yes, there was a bee in my underwear!

Now, I check every night as I am taking them out of the drawer.

BTW, you shouldn't kill them as there are far fewer now then there ever were. We need them. If you can, get the bees into something and let them out the door. We need them for pollination and honey!

I only killed the bee because it hurt me and I was pissed. I didn't realize what it was until it was dead.

You have a good bee story too! Sorry your sweetie is allergic. I was when I was little. I'm not anymore.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home