Monday, August 27, 2007

Breathing in books...

I read in cycles. Sometimes I can go weeks without picking anything up, other times I drink books in like water. My mom always said "I was the only child she knew for whom breathing was an interruption to reading". (Just typing that...wow. I miss her so much.)

I've read some good ones in the last two weeks & thanks to the commute I've added audio books as well. I read The Ivy Chronicles in about three days and loved the dark humor. I polished off Vince & Joy in an afternoon & late night and loved every minute of it. Today the next round of fun begins - I got the MaryJanice Davidson series. Ever since I read the premise of this series I've been determined to pick it up. "The death & adventures of a 30-something New York native single, shoe-obsessed vampire. This is where Sex and the City meets Shopaholic meets Dracula." Obviously, I'm not looking for a thoughtful, provocative read to change the world, but loving the 30-something wit of Sex and the City and vampire lore as I do, I couldn't pass this up!

As for the audio books I've been downloading from audible.com and really like their site & selection. Recently I've listened to Stranger in a Strange Land, The Jane Austen Book Club and I am currently rotating between Blink and Pride & Prejudice. So what are you reading?

Well, if you're around your computer tomorrow I'm going to be interviewed on the Diva Craft Lounge on World Talk Radio around 12:20 Pacific time. Follow the link to tune in & listen via the internet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mega Meet said...

Have you seen that new site (well, I actually don't know how old it is - but I just found out about it yesterday) Shelfari?

It's a book community - http://www.shelfari.com/kategrizz - here's mine.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

If you haven't already, grab yourself a copy of "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. Ghosts, twins, topiary gardens, and so much more! I just finished it this morning, and couldn't believe the ending!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em - you have to let me borrow Undead and Unwed when you are done - I actually have the sequel to it (Undead and Unemployed) but I have refused to read it because I wanted to read the original first. :)

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home