Friday, August 31, 2007

Soul soothing & senseless...

It's been a good week for my sanity, but not a very sensible one (in some respects). Last week wore me down a bit, so this week I've been "treating" myself. This is what I've been doing to soothe my spirit:
  • spent more time in the evenings talking to/cuddling with Matt
  • spent the commute home on the phone with my bff Angie (btw, happy birthday Angie)
  • bought really good tomatoes, mozzarella and white balsamic vinegar and made insalata caprese for lunch a few times
  • ate popcorn a lot (cheddar, light homestyle & kettle)
  • met Ashley, Kate, Beeper & Rachael after work for girl time
  • read 3 books in 3 days (this is the senseless part - reading til 1 or 2 am each night - but they were really funny)

It was a good week. Now I'm ready for a good long weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ok...that caprese salad looks SO yummy! drool!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kip said...

okay, how do you make that salad????

Kip

7:22 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

OK - this is an easy one. The key is to buy the freshest you can!

sliced tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzerella, basil, olive oil.

here's where I differ - I add black pepper and use good vinegar instead of oil. sometimes I get baby lettuce instead of basil to make it milder.

it is the taste of summer!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home